Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mama's Better Than Mum Mum's

Roan is all over the whole solid foods deal. This kid would eat and eat and eat if I let him. And none of that pureed baby nonsense. He likes some texture and real food! Unfortunately his body hasn't been dealing as well with the change in diet, so after talking with a nutrionist, we came up with a diet plan for him. That includes no processed foods, jarred foods, etc. Not really a big deal, I like making baby food. I think it tastes better, its super easy, its cheaper, and for our needs its better (don't get me wrong, jarred is good too, just not as good for Roans tummy).




So now that Roan is aware what real food is, he's very aware of when we're eating it and he's not. Which makes things like giving Ciaran snacks in the shopping cart difficult if Roan doesn't get something too. So we've done the Mum Mums, Roan loved them (of course). But as I'm trying to avoid as much processing as possible, I decided to make my own! And they turned out great.





So thanks to http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/ I found a great easy recipe. Not as crispy and melty as a Mum Mum, but Roan still seemed to love it!


1c flour (I used whole wheat)

1c baby cereal (I used Milupa Oatmeal Stage 1)

1c juice (I used Banana Berry)

Mix together well. Dough will be sticky, not like regular dough. On a tip from the recipe page, I put the dough in a ziploc baggy (I don't have a fancy pastry bag), cut the corner off and squeezed out the cookies. Bake at 350 for 20-30min. Let cool. Apparently they freeze well. Store in an airtight container.

And I know that I haven't posted in ages, but it doesn't mean I haven't been busy. I have something to share, but I need to wait maybe one more week before I post about it.

1 comment:

Vendetta said...

Nice to see you back! Can't wait to see what else you've got.